COSCUP-GNOME.Asia IRC Meeting notes 20100622

Agenda:

     1. Weekly review

              * Status of budget / sponsorship.
                      * [Info] budget is NTD 1,026,885 now. (~USD
                        32,300)
                      * [Info] the sponsorship from CT side is confirmed
                        - NTD 888,000, received - NTD 500,000. we will
                        start to review the budget list by 7/5, to see
                        what items we can cut
                      * [Info] CT secured yahoo this week.
                      * [Info] GASC have got an message from SUN/Oracle
                        management team, Sun is planning to sponsor our
                        event at gold level. (We need hold this message
                        until the process is clear. (Speacical time when
                        transfer from Sun to Oracle )) Brian Cameron
                        will be in the conference. if oracle confirmed
                        the sponsorship, the money will be used for
                        shared cost.
                      * [AI] let's target early July, and at the same
                        time, we will keep you posted when Oracle
                        confirmed, and if the foundation can wire money
                        in advance. (we will adjust the expenses, based
                        on the cash in our account.)
              * Status of CfP / program
                      * [Info] COSCUP 39/36, GNOME 10/18, Lightning
                        talks ( 5 min ) 3/10
                      * [Info] RMS (Richard Stallman) is 80% sure will
                        come, and give a talk for GNOME session
                      * [Info] GNOME Foundation already has Speaker's
                        Guidelines. We can use it as reference.
                        (http://live.gnome.org/CodeOfConduct/SpeakerGuidelines)
                      * [AI] let's put in descriptions about the
                        atmosphere and other necessary wordings in
                        "speaker's package". (for all speakers)
                      * [AI] we make a CodeOfConduct draft and send it
                        to GASC for review sometime this week.
                        (co-branded + add COSCUP background
                        information)
     1. Website
              * Status of website
                      * [Info] registration system: 2 things: list of
                        VIPs and if GNOME.Asia Summit wants to send
                        e-mail announcements to attendees in the
                        future.
                      * [Info] the mailing list for GNOME.Asia Summit
                        participants ( http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/asia-summit-participants-list )
     2. Marketing
              * Status of Marketing
                      * n/a