IRC Meeting notes 20100601

Dear team,

Please find below the meeting notes prepared by Ernest for your
reference.

Meeting Date: 6/1, 2010 Time: 14:00~15:00 UTC (22:00-23:00 +0800)
(23:00-24:00 +0900, Ernest is in Seoul, Korea this week.) Format: IRC
Meeting Server:asia-summit
Channel: #asia-summit

Attendee:
Agenda:

     1. Weekly review
              * Status of budget / sponsorship.
                      * CT: we have confirmed $734,000, and have
                        received NTD 500,000.
                      * CT: for the budget, we added a few missed items,
                        it's now NTD 994,085.
                      * CT: we have secured 2 local vendors (III,
                        0xlab), and we visited VP of DeviceVM, who is
                        also director of Linux foundation
                      * GASC: We contact below companies last week:
                              * Linux foundation, Igalia, OpenHand,
                                Fluendo, Collabora.
                      * [Info] Budget
                        sheet: http://spreadsheets1.google.com/ccc?key=thfI8LnSsgpKs9yAXkdGoAQ&hl=zh_TW
                      * [AI] Rex: share budget sheet with GASC, and add
                        one column for English description.
                      * [AI] Emily: confirm the sponsorship level for
                        Google and logo. (we can email Cat and let her
                        know we are using their logo and submit a
                        description that we can find in the press
                        center)
              * Status of CfP
                      * CT: 19 tech talk / 36 for COSCUP
                      * GASC: 12 tech talk / 18 for GNOME.Asia Summit
                      * Richard Stallman may join with us.
                      * [AI] Bob: we will also call for paper to local
                        speakers for gnome.
     2. Travel information
             1. How many people from China, which requires special
                application for VISA?
             2. Can anyone from GASC help on VISA application ?
                      * [AI] Pockey, Emily: ask freeflying who have been
                        to Taiwan. to check the procedures. the schedule
                        is tight now. please put this item as urgent
                        topic.
             3. http://wiki.coscup.org/visainfo
                For Chinese applicants,
                http://www.immigration.gov.tw/ns/maind5.htm
                邀請大陸人士來台需要有單位作保、立保證書 (蓋公司大小章)
                免簽證國家列表 / Visa-Exempt Entry
                [English]

                http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=536&mp=2
                [中文版]
                http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=32&ctNode=268&mp=1

                簽證申請說明 / Visitor Visa Application
                [English]
                http://www.boca.gov.tw/lp.asp?ctNode=534&CtUnit=77&BaseDSD=7&mp=2
                [中文版]
                http://www.boca.gov.tw/lp.asp?ctNode=269&CtUnit=43&BaseDSD=7&mp=1

     3. Other Topics
             1. [Offline discuss: pofeng/Pockey/Emily]English version
                CFP , GAS sessions should go first? ( Chinese version is
                not suggested to make any change - pofeng )
                http://coscup.org/2010/en/programs
                http://pockey.dao2.com/2010/05/coscup-gnome-asia-2010-call-for-participants/
             2. Shall we write press release (CFP) for LWN ? Who can do
                that ?
                COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 now calling for papers
                https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW0xSSV8T7asZGhqdGo4eF85M2Z2djR4OGR0
                COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 Press Release (新聞稿)
                https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVuXLsanO-xAZGRoN2Qzd3RfNTh6OTRxZDVkZA
             3. [Info] Linux Gazette accept our short press release (for
                CFP)
                Linux Gazette Editor-in-Chief: No problem; I'll add it
                to our NewsBytes for this month.
             4. [Info] We do not encourage to
                use http://bit.ly/coscup2010paper now.
                ( eg: http://pockey.dao2.com/2010/05/coscup-gnome-asia-2010-call-for-participants/  )