Re: [COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010] Seeking for financial support.

Hi, Brian

Thanks for reply.

I like to make 3 points clear
1. The event is not going to have second round of registration, since
it is already heavily overbooked.
2. The team reserved 233 seats for "highly value" participants. They
are leaders, coordinators of local FLOSS communities. They are invited
by the COSCUP team and speakers.
3. The event need more money for extra venues. As we discussed in irc
meeting at 5/11, I am asking for financial support from GASC and GNOME
Foundation.

I know it's difficult to raise more money from sponsors now, one month
before the event is too late. And I did no mean to be rude or sporting
on you, but the mail from Fred clearly said

"And this has nothing with the fact that it will be impossible for us
to raise an extra 5K, this is a separate issue."

It's meaningless if I keep pushing you on funding, if you feel it's
very difficult and cutting budget is the only solution. We will cut
budgets depends on confirmed sponsorship, however both teams will have
different priority on budget items that we need to keep aligned.

Since COSCUP team is confident to secure the extra venue and live
streaming, the team is going to let everyone in the first registration
stage attend the event by 7/13 09:00 +0800.

We can discuss the rest details in the irc meeting.

cheers
-Rex