Re: COSCUP / GNOME.Asia Press Release (English Version)-- Need your help to review

Emily:

I have finished the draft English version of the COSCUP / GNOME.Asia
Press Release.

We need the *native English speakers*' help on review and edit it.

Looks good.  Some comments below...

COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 attracted more than 1000 developers, students,
business professionals and government officials participants, and more
than 22 well-known international and domestic companies as sponsors.

This year, the annual event COSCUP work with GNOME Foundation

I would say "COSCUP event" instead of "event COSCUP".
I would say "worked" instead of "work".

co-organize the GNOME.Asia Summit together.  The joint conference COSCUP

I would say "to co-organize".

/ GNOME.Asia 2010 was hosted on  Aug 14 - 15, 2010, in Academia Sinica,

I would say "The join COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 conference was hosted
from".

Taipei, Taiwan. COSCUP, a local conference organized by local community,

I would say "by a local community".

which is growing every year. This year, it attracted more than 1000

I would say "COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010 attracted more" instead of "it
attracted more".

participants. All the ticket is sold out just one and a half hour after

I would say "All tickets sold out".

the online registration was open. In additional to the 1000 participants
who arrive upon the scene, there are more than 700 people who also can

I would say "arrived" instead of "arrive".
I would say "there were more" instead of "there are more".

experience the conference by viewing the online video and text broadcast.

I would say "who also experienced" instead of "who also can experience".

The main theme for COSCUP/GNOME.Asia 2010 are : HTML 5, Open Web,

I would say "were" instead of "are".

Mobile,  GNOME free desktop technology, and legal and license in FLOSS
community etc.

"and legal and license in FLOSS community" isn't very clear what it
means.  Should this be more simply "FLOSS licensing"?

The topic are various, more than 80 talks delivered by

I would say "topics were" instead of "topic are".

more than 60 speakers from international and domestic, they delivered

I would say "both" instead of "from".

speeches, joined panel discuss, had brainstorming, and exchanged new

I would say "panel discussions" instead of "panel discuss".
I would say "brainstorming sessions" instead of "brainstorming".

ideas in this conference.

I would say "at this conference" instead of "in this conference".

Well-known international and domestic IT companies also actively

I would say "are also actively" instead of "also actively".

involved into this conference, they use the golden opportunity to

I would say "with" instead of "into".
I would say "used" instead of "use".

recruit new employees during the conference. They providing more than 50

I would say "provided" instead of "providing".

kinds of work and 1000 opening jobs. Nokia promote and sale their N900

What does "50 kinds of work" mean?

I would say "promoted and sold" instead of "promote and sale".

cellphone, as well as invite the speakers to share their latest

I would say "invited".

knowledge and experience about the Meego and Symbian 3.

After the conference, the local community is actively involved into the

I would say "has been" instead of "is".
I would say "with" instead of "into".

international community, building a better relationship with the
official community and foundation.

What is meant by "official community"? Might be better to refer to them
by name if they are official.

Local community they has registered

I would remove the word "they".

the Chinese HTML Interest Group in  World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) ;

I would say "with" instead of "in".

they are work with GNOME foundation to build the upcoming Taiwan GNOME

I would say "working" instead of "work".

I would just say "a" instead of "the upcoming".

Users Group; At the same time, local community is planning to found the

I would say "the local community is planning to found a"

Taiwan Cloud Computing Users Group with engineers from international and
domestic.

I would say "from the international and domestic community."

The presentations and videos are available on the official website.
Please visit COSCUP and GNOME.Asia offcial website: http://coscup.org/

You misspell "official".

and http://gnome.asia.

Brian