Subject:     Gnome Asia Summit
Date:     Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:49:22 +0700
From:     namnd <namnd fpt com vn>
To:     Frederic Muller <fred beijinglug org>

Hello Frederic Muller,
I'm Nam from FPT, an IT company in Vietnam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FPT_Group). I'm from Hanoi but currently I'm in a business trip to Saigon, and I met several SaigonLUG people here, and they told me about Gnome Asia Summit. I was the manager of FPT Open Solutions (open source development center of FPT) and hosted a few big open source events. I'm eager about the opportunity for Vietnam to host an important international open source *development* event. There was many open source events in the past, but there was not about developing software. The CEO of FPT, Nguyễn Thành Nam, is also a big supporter of free software movement (he had a talk in Software Freedom Day Hanoi 2007, organized by me http://www.fpt.com.vn/vn/tin_tuc/2007/09/20/403/) So I want to ask if FPT can join hosting the event. We can dedicate good number of staff and many volunteers to help organize this event. I think FPT may be interested to be a sponsor as well, but I am not responsible for PR so I have to ask the PR department before being sure about it.
Looking forward to your reply,
Nam

Kevin Miller, Jr., MPA
General Director
SLG Vscapeone, Co., Ltd.
Websites: http://www.vscapeone.com
         http://www.saigonlinux.com
Emails: kevin miller vscapeone com
       kevin miller saigonlinux com
Skype: kevmille
Mobile: +84909109933
Location: Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Viet Nam

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Others may not distribute, copy or use it. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify SLG Vscapeone at:

http://www.vscapeone.com/contact-slg-vscapeone/

and then delete it without reproducing, distributing or retaining copies. The views expressed in this email may be the personal views of the sender and not of SLG Vscapeone unless specifically stated. Please note that the SLG Vscapeone is able to, and reserve the right to, monitor e-mail communications passing through their network.