Re: The new logo for GNOME.Asia Summit 2009

Hi Emily, Mario

Some suggested material below to get the party started.

On Fri, 2009-09-11 at 22:52 +0800, Emily Chen wrote:
> We need to ensure below docments is ready:
> 1. Call-for-participants

[DRAFT]

Second GNOME.Asia Summit to bring together the Asian community and
provide a forum for planning future development and growth.

The GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 will be held at [LOCATION], Viet Nam on the
[DATE].  This event will provide a unique opportunity for stakeholders
to discuss programming, promotion and community growth challenges for
the GNOME Project in Asia and the wider world.

The event will features keynotes by [NAME, TITLE, COMPANY] and [NAME,
TITLE, COMPANY], as well as presentations, workshops and lightning
talks.  Proposals for talks are welcome.  We are asking for four types
of submissions:
      * [X] minutes presentations on GNOME Desktop[?] topics
      * [X] minutes presentations on Asia Community[?] topics
      * [X] minutes lightning talks on [X] topics
      * BOF and workgroup proposals

We invite people to submit abstracts for 30 minute presentations about
GNOME or cross-desktop topics to [EMAIL ADDRESS], including your name,
biographical information, and a photo suitable for the web, and a title
and description of your presentation, of under 400 words.

We also welcome informal proposals for 5 minute lightening talks to be
held on Saturday July 5th and proposals for BOFs and workgroups which
will be held from Tuesday July 7th until Friday July 10th. Proposals for
lightning talks and BOFs will be accepted on a first-come-first-served
basis, in the limits of available space. Please send your proposals to
[EMAIL ADDRESS].

The deadline for submissions is [DATE].

Successful candidates will be selected and notified by the organizing
committee by [DATE].

About GNOME.Asia

It is organised by [NAMES or 'the GNOME.Asia Committee'].  The
GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 builds on the success of last year's event in
Beijing, China, sponsored by [NAMES].  The summit this year is sponsored
by [NAMES].
About GNOME and the GNOME Foundation

The GNOME desktop is a free, easy to use, accessible and
internationalized desktop for Linux and Unix-based operating systems
used by millions. GNOME is a standard part of all leading GNU/Linux and
Unix distributions, and is popular with both large existing corporate
deployments and small business and home users. GNOME also includes a
complete development environment which provides the core platform for
thousands of applications.

The GNOME Foundation is an organization committed to supporting the
advancement of GNOME, comprised of hundreds of volunteer developers and
industry-leading companies. The Foundation is a member directed,
non-profit organization that provides financial, organizational and
legal support to the GNOME project and helps determine its vision and
roadmap. The GNOME Foundation is supporting the pursuit of Software
Freedom through the innovative, accessible, and beautiful user
experience created by GNOME contributors around the world. It's a fun
and inviting community, so if you're reading this and wondering what you
can do to help promote Software Freedom, contributing to GNOME is a
great way to start! More information about GNOME and the GNOME
Foundation can be found at www.gnome.org and foundation.gnome.org.

GNOME Foundation sponsoring members include Access, Canonical, Debian,
the Free Software Foundation, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Igalia, Imendio,
Intel, Mozilla, Nokia, Novell, OLPC, Opened Hand, Red Hat, and Sun
Microsystems, with legal pro bono work provided by Software Freedom Law
Center and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich Rosati.

Media Enquiries
      * GNOME.Asia [TITLE]
        NAME
        Email:
        Phone:

Inspiration for this draft release taken from:
(http://www.gnome.asia/en/)
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2009)
(http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/43)
(http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/73)
(http://www.gnome.org/press/releases/2008-07-stormy-executive-director.html)

> 2. Proposal (Needed for call for sponsors)

[DRAFT]

GNOME.Asia Summit seeking sponsorship to support Asia's premier forum
for GNOME Project stakeholders and associated eco-system.

The GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 will be held at [LOCATION], Viet Nam on the
[DATE].  This event will provide a unique opportunity for stakeholders
to discuss programming, promotion and community growth challenges for
the GNOME Project in Asia and the wider world.

The event will features keynotes by [NAME, TITLE, COMPANY] and [NAME,
TITLE, COMPANY], as well as presentations, workshops and lightning
talks.  The event will include:
      * [X] minutes presentations on GNOME Desktop[?] topics
      * [X] minutes presentations on Asia Community[?] topics
      * [X] minutes lightning talks on [X] topics
      * BOF and workgroup proposals

We are seeking sponsors for this event.  [RATIONALE ABOUT WHY
SPONSORSHIP IS A GOOD IDEA].

The following sponsorship packages are available:
- [PLATINUM]
- [GOLD]
- [SILVER]
- [BRONZE]

GNOME.Asia [TITLE]
        NAME
        Email:
        Phone:

About GNOME.Asia

It is organised by [NAMES or 'the GNOME.Asia Committee'].  The
GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 builds on the success of last year's event in
Beijing, China, sponsored by [NAMES].  The summit this year is sponsored
by [NAMES].
About GNOME and the GNOME Foundation

The GNOME desktop is a free, easy to use, accessible and
internationalized desktop for Linux and Unix-based operating systems
used by millions. GNOME is a standard part of all leading GNU/Linux and
Unix distributions, and is popular with both large existing corporate
deployments and small business and home users. GNOME also includes a
complete development environment which provides the core platform for
thousands of applications.

The GNOME Foundation is an organization committed to supporting the
advancement of GNOME, comprised of hundreds of volunteer developers and
industry-leading companies. The Foundation is a member directed,
non-profit organization that provides financial, organizational and
legal support to the GNOME project and helps determine its vision and
roadmap. The GNOME Foundation is supporting the pursuit of Software
Freedom through the innovative, accessible, and beautiful user
experience created by GNOME contributors around the world. It's a fun
and inviting community, so if you're reading this and wondering what you
can do to help promote Software Freedom, contributing to GNOME is a
great way to start! More information about GNOME and the GNOME
Foundation can be found at www.gnome.org and foundation.gnome.org.

GNOME Foundation sponsoring members include Access, Canonical, Debian,
the Free Software Foundation, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Igalia, Imendio,
Intel, Mozilla, Nokia, Novell, OLPC, Opened Hand, Red Hat, and Sun
Microsystems, with legal pro bono work provided by Software Freedom Law
Center and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich Rosati.

Inspiration for this draft release taken from:
(http://www.gnome.asia/en/)
(http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2009)
(http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/43)
(http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/73)
(http://www.gnome.org/press/releases/2008-07-stormy-executive-director.html)

> 3. Update website and post annoucement on it

Suggest completing the material above, releasing through GNOME
Foundation channels, and using at the first news posts (same day) the
revamped GNOME.Asia website.

That means the website needs to be finished...who is doing that?

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan