Re: Travel Subsidy Policy

Hi,

I agree, good idea. I would like to focus on Asian people or Western
contributors based in Asia. My experience is that people who have been
a while to Asia can also usually better adapt their talks to local
listeners (e.g. style of communication and simple English).

A) Ergo: I would say, lets announce that we support speakers with
travel subsidies of up to 400,- USD from Asia and up to 800,- USD from
outside.

B) Lets not say how much money we will put in. We might be able to put
in more even later and we might be able to support some people already
with less money. For example, we are talking to some contributors from
Cambodia. The bus ride costs just 12 USD from Phnom Penh. It is
already good to support them with 50 USD for the trip. How about we
announce that we support up to 40 speakers to apply for travel grants?

What do you think? My goal is to get as many people together here as possible.

Best,

Mario