Fwd: GNOME.Asia Summit Vietnam - Cooperation/Opportunities for Sponsorship

Hi, Jane Finet says Mozilla cannot sponsor GNOME.Asia.

- Mario

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jane Finette <jane mozilla com>
Date: Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: GNOME.Asia Summit Vietnam -
Cooperation/Opportunities for Sponsorship
To: Mario Behling <mb gnome asia>
Cc: gen mozilla com, Mary Colvig <mary mozilla com>

Dear Mario,

Hope all is well. Thank you so much for thinking of us again with
this. As you know Mozilla is very supportive of Gnome, from the
sponsorship Mozilla has done for Gnome's accessibility support,
sponsorship of GUADEC this year, not to mention many other efforts
over the years.  However, unfortunately we are particularly busy this
fall with Firefox 3.7 and Thunderbird 3.0 coming out and have to
politely decline this request for sponsorship at this time.  If your
event participants would appreciate some swag items from Mozilla, we
should be able to contribute something if appropriate?  Please keep in
touch and let us know of your future events and hopefully we can find
a way to collaborate on a future event.
Kind wishes and many thanks
Jane

On 12/10/2009 10:58, Jane Finette wrote:

> Dear Mario
>
> Lovely to hear from you and hope all things are going well. I moved out to Silicon Valle about 6 weeks ago, and am starting to settle down to American life.
>
> I've added Gen Kanai on cc to this email. Gen is based in Tokyo and works with many Mozilla communities across Asia, he may be able to help. You may already know each other?
>
> Wish you great success and kind wishes
>
> Jane
>

> On 10/10/2009 09:34, Mario Behling wrote:
>>
>> Dear Jane,
>>
>> it is some time ago, that we met up at the c-base in Berlin. In the
>> meantime quite a few things have happened. I am especially proud of
>> our work on Light Ubuntu, that will be released in 2010.
>>
>> Right now, I am writing to you about the GNOME.Asia Summit, that I am
>> organizing in Vietnam at the end of November.
>>
>> Mozilla has been a sponsor for last years event in Beijing. I just
>> wrote an email to Mary (see below) and it would be great, if you could
>> also give some feedback about ways we could cooperate with Mozilla. It
>> would be fantastic to get some developers here for a talk as well.
>>
>> I am looking forward to your response.
>>
>> All the best from Saigon,
>>
>> Mario

Jane Finette