Re: Possible speaker - Andrew Lee from Taiwan

Thanks Mario for introduce me to the summit list.

Mario Behling wrote:
> I just talked to Andrew Lee from Taiwan. As a contributor to many FOSS
> projects, one of the first translators of Linux to Chinese and
> maintainer of several Debian packages, it would be fantastic to have
> him at the GNOME.Asia Summit and sponsor his flight, which is
> something around 370 USD (NT$11,000-12,000).

Would that be possible for request sponsorship on foods and
accommodations as well?

> Andrew proposed several talks and workshops to me such as
> - presenting libfm as part of the new PCMan File Manager, which is
> used in many GNOME and LXDE distributions
> - a talk about the Google Summer of Code GTK+ project LXNM
> - a GTK+/LXDE BoF session about lightweight Debian

Mario knows more about LXNM as him is the one who kick up this Google
Summer of Code GTK+ project for LXNM, so I'd prefer to talk either libFM
or have a BoF session.

> - a demo session on the GNOME-based distro sponsored by SLAT for
> educational usage in Taiwan

Thanks for giving a booth for Software Liberty Association of
Taiwan(SLAT) during the summit. SLAT would love to demo a GNOME-based
educational focus Taiwanese distro at the booth during the summit.

Best regards,

-Andrew