Re: Getting another volunteer for GNOME.Asia 2009

Welcome Nilayan!

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:57 +0530, Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, we have managed to snag Nilayan (cc: ed) to help us with the web
> stuff going into the event. From sheer laziness, let me quote from his
> introduction:

Good news :)

> [introduction]
>
> I'm a web developer and have been using web technologies like PHP,
> MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX, CSS for a while now. I also enjoy writing
> about the technologies I use everyday. Some of my favorite open source
> projects include WordPress, MySQL, and jQuery. I'm excited to be on
> GNOME Asia's 2009 team to make great things happen on the conference
> website.
>
> [/introduction]
>
> So, how can we get some stuff moving on the website/web-presence side
> of things ?

Well you need to determine what your logo for the conference will be, a
new one, or reuse last years. We then need to work up the colors to
match the site.

Nilayan,  The site is written in django. The codebase is currently
available via subversion but it will be transferred to git soon.

I will transfer the old site to a backup url,  such as 2008.gnome.asia.

realistically we should make the base url of the gnome.asia conference
2009.gnome.asia  and redirect the other requests to it. so that
permanent links will work.

The templates for the site are easy to update and a new layout can be
worked up nicely.

You are going to need information about the venue,  local area,
directions,  etc etc  for the website.

Sincerely,

Will LaShell