Re: Updates about the GNOME.Asia2009 bits

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Will LaShell <will lashell net> wrote:

> We went back and forth regarding registration fees for the first summit.
> I think we can easily get away with asking for a small fee for this
> summit, in part because of the greater awareness of GNOME and open
> source software in general  in India.

I guess yes. The underlying theme is keeping costs as low as possible.
The reason for this is that it might make it an attractive proposition
when talking to sponsors (or, setting the levels of sponsorship). This
also brings up the question : for the GNOME.Asia summit last year -
did the team form a specific bank a/c ? Or, were the Foundation's
offices utilized ? I guess what I am asking is - how was the funds
transaction handled.

> One note about the catering that was done for the original GNOME.Asia
> summit. This was done due for cultural reasons. Conferences in China
> will provide some manner of food, and was worked carefully into the
> budget.

Which would be something we would need to work out this time around as
well. The one reason we are looking at institutes - catering is an
aspect that sometimes comes reasonably cheap and, an existing group of
folks can handle the bits.