Re: Updates about the GNOME.Asia2009 bits

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 06:39 -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:

>         > Maybe we can think about ask for registration fee for this
>         Summit. Not too
>         > much, like 10$ or 20$ and students can get a special price.
>         In this way,  it
>         > is better to control the participants' number and cover part
>         of the Summit
>         > cost.
>

>         It actually would be a good idea. In fact, thinking about
>         doing away
>         with a large aspect of freebies is what both the potential
>         hosts have
>         pointed out (read: catering)

We went back and forth regarding registration fees for the first summit.
I think we can easily get away with asking for a small fee for this
summit, in part because of the greater awareness of GNOME and open
source software in general  in India.

> FYI, traditionally the GNOME Foundation has not paid for food at most
> of its events. Occasionally that is picked up by a corporate sponsor.
> (They'll sponsor a dinner event or pizza or breakfast.)

One note about the catering that was done for the original GNOME.Asia
summit. This was done due for cultural reasons. Conferences in China
will provide some manner of food, and was worked carefully into the
budget.