Re: Too much clicks

У Втр, 2005-06-14 у 07:46 +0100, Thomas Wood пише:

> No problem. This was partly the reason I set up the list - so it was
> easier for us to keep in contact.

Ok ;o)

> > So possible solutions:
> > 1. Remove this at all, do report only if there is an error.
> > 2. Do javascript redirect after 1 second and inform user about
> > redirection (not so good, make unnecesary server load).
> > 3. Think about global AJAX usage on page.

> Yes, I agree. I had been wondering whether to implement (2) but
wasn't
> sure of the javascript

If javascript is disabled on client side(or just not work), that's not
our problem ;o)
But you can combine javascript redirection with http-headers
redirection, or even html-headers redirect.

>  but perhaps (1) is a better option.

I like (1) more than redirection too.

> The only
> reason I hadn't done it this way in the first place was that it is
too
> easy for someone to press refresh on their browser and submit the
data
> again. So the "Continue" button means they no longer have POST data
> associated with that page. Do you think this should be a concern? It
is
> a problem when people refresh after submitting comments because the
> comment ends up being posted twice. In most of the other places
though,
> I don't think it is as critical.

I see your point. That's good point.
Normally browser do re-ask about posting POST data to web-server on
refresh, so normal user can decide by him self what to do.
But maybe if too much comments goes to be doubled we should design
another way, like let user delete his latest comment, or compare new
comment with latest posted from this user one. I am not related with DB
architecture so i cant really say how easy it can be done.
Another technique is to disable multiple posting withing some time X.
But it can be really annoying to some people who really work _fast_ :o)

--
Kulyk Nazar