Re: PROPOSAL: switch all html to templates

Ilya Khamushkin wrote:

ok! thank you!

My 2 cents about templating ;-)

I think we need some more flexible and powerful template engine
that you develop yourself. IMHO: Smarty - one of the best and used.
http://smarty.php.net/whyuse.php
http://smarty.php.net/rightforme.php

There are many features like loops, expressions, etc.
http://smarty.php.net/manual/en/

I don't offer to use cms or other packaged web software,
but all that we need is separate code from layout and design.
And I think we should not develop things that already done.
We are really open source? :-) so let use it!

About "Resource" page...
May it can be just a wiki page?
Please look to another Gnome-oriented website:
http://tango-project.org/
It completely powered by MediaWiki.

The problem is, if we start pulling in code form different locations, it can be too easy to loose track of what happens where. I think it would be great if we could borrow code, but I'd rather do all or nothing.

I'd like art-web to be a complete project in it's own right - not one that borrows from other places and ends up a miss match of coding style and approaches.

However, I agree that the Resource pages needs to be "Wiki" style. It needs to be edited easily and freely. We could create a simple link to a live.gnome.org (like we currently do with the Tutorials section). However, if we can I think it would be nice to implement something ourselves, and perhaps we can use the same framework for the Tutorials page eventually.

-Thomas