Re: [anjuta-list] One more question about Anjuta

Sebastien,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01 gmail com> wrote:
Sebastien,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi,

Le 29/02/2016 05:57, Igor Korot a écrit :

I don't know if you are familiar with MSVC, but this IDE has following
setup:
Top of the tree -> Workspace/Solution
Underneath -> Project1, Project2, Project3, etc
Each project has source files and header files.

I know but typically, things works differently on Linux.

Yes, I know that as well. I'm just trying to make a parallel between 2 systems.

Root of the tree ->
Branch -> po src
Under src branch another project branch
Under that project branch there are source and header files.

So if I want to add a library to a project I should add it to under the
root
branch of the tree, correct?
And the build dependency will be set automatically or I will have to do
something extra?

Anjuta doesn't have this notion of Workspace/Solution. It handles only
projects which could build several executables and/or libraries.

You can put the library anywhere. Typically, on Linux, the libraries are
outside the projects and shared by the whole system. So, you have to install
them to make them visible on your system and then you can add them to your
project in Anjuta in Project->Add a library (the library has to be added to
your project first and then to the target).

Then if you put the library inside your project, nothing special happen, no
build dependency will be set and you have to add them manually. There is no
support in Anjuta for such use case, so you will have to set the C compiler
and linker flags of your target to set the path to the header files and
libraries.

Well, the problem here is that those library (-ies) is/are part of the program
I'm building and I do develop them as well.
The issue here is that I want to add the library to the project and
then tell IDE
(Anjuta) to make the library first and then create an executable binary.

I can add the include and lib flags from the library to the project but how do
I make sure that the library/ies will build first?

One more thing - I tried to add the static library (.a) to the
project. It did create
a sub-project, but I don't see a new folder being made.

Thank you.

Best Regards,