Re: [anjuta-list] Couple of problems with Anjuta

Sebastien,

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi Igor,

Le 28/02/2016 15:28, Igor Korot a écrit :

No, it is one wxWidgets version which is compiled against both GTK+2 and
GTK+3. Those 2 configuration just stored in different directories.

Ok.

Is it going to be me or Anjuta?

You.

I have a lot of experience with MSVC and I used KDevelop 3.x in the past.
In KDevelop you can change the project settings and its all yopu needed to
do.
Then it goes to compile and you can see the command it is using to compile
the file in the output window. So you can easily see what is going on,
especially
if you are not very familiar with configure and friends and don't have
experience
writing Makefile and rely on IDE to do that for you.

Anjuta is a bit different because it doesn't have its own project format, it
uses autotools which is the most common on Linux.

It means that it provides a GUI only for the most common options of
autotools, so you could have to dig into autotools. On the other hand, it's
probably more powerful than other project format and you can work with
people using autotools or another IDE supporting it.

Is it possible to see the compilation command Anjuta executes inside
"Build" window?

Well adding include and lib paths is a common task.

Yes, and you can do that with a GUI if the library use pkg-config.

OK, so I have one more question: how do I create a second build
configuration
inside the project? Should I do "Project->New Target"?

No, a target is a program or a library. To create a new configuration, you
need to click on Build->Configuration and type a new name for your
configuration. Then you can select a build directory and some specific
option for the configure step.

OK.

Thank you.

Best Regards,