Re: [anjuta-list] BuildingC++Libraries

Hi,

Le 05/07/2015 00:59, Geoff Kaniuk a écrit :
I need to build a static C++ library and also a shared C++ library.  The
only relevant template provided for C++ is a "generic C++" template.
Having created the project, how do I set the properties so that it
builds a static library rather than a console application.

After creating your project, you need to create two new targets, one for the shared library and another one for the static library. In Project->New Target.

Then, you need to add source files to this target like in the already existing target.

The documentation mentions the creation of project templates

Creating a new project templates is not needed to build a library. A project template allows you to create a complete new project with lots of predefined values. You can eventually, create a new C++ library template starting from the already existing C library templates but you need to learn a bit of autotools to do that.

All templates and others related files are installed by
default in $anjuta_install_dir/share/anjuta/templates.

However my Debian 7.8 system has no directory ../share/anjuta/templates.

$install_dir corresponds typically to /usr/ so it's /usr/share/anjuta
/templates, but you can but them in a local directory as explained here.

Is there a repository of project templates,

Anjuta comes with already several templates in /usr/share/anjuta/templates.

or detailed documentation on how to create a template?

The file format is described in Anjuta developper documentation, accessible with devhelp. You could have to install development package on your system.

Best Regards,