Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta looks strange

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 09:06:07 +0100
Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:

You can change the apparency of the panel buttons, in
Edit->Preferences->General. All the other points depends on the Gtk
theme used. I think you can install and change the Gtk theme in Ubuntu
but I don't know how to do it. It will then improve all programs using Gtk.

I've spent some time changing the aspect of my desktop over the last
few days. To be honest, configuring a coherent set of colors and
properties in gtk is hell.

Modern versions of Anjuta use the configuration set in
~/.config/gtk-3.0. It seems there is a general consensus to use make
that (~/.config/gtk-3.0) a symbolic link to the gtk-3.0 directory in
the wanted theme directory. Look around for a theme that suits you, and
look into the archive if there is a gtk-3.0 subdirectory. If you want
your gtk2 applications to look compatible, you also want a gtk-2.0
subdirectory. If so, unpack the archive in /usr/share/themes.

MIND! gtk-3.0 themes are not compatible with all versions of gtk3. There
are some large changes around versions 3.10, 3.12. Best is to try it
out. And you still might have to touch up some parameters yourself.

In Anjuta, if some color is way out of line, check in the
Preferences if there is a parameter to change it. Eg. the right margin
indicator or the line number column don't change with the theme.

John