Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta looks strange

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 09:08:43 +0100
Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:

I think it's supposed to look like that in Ubuntu. You miss the
application menu bar, but I think Ubuntu has replaced it with a global
menu bar like on Apple OS.

Yes, this is quite confusing. Particularly, because the menu bar does not
appear unless the cursor is actually above it. So, if you're looking for
the original menu, it's at the top, but you have to move the cursor there.
And this gets more confusing if you have two applications (or more)
running on the desktop. Only the menu of the active (focused) program
can be seen.

If this behaviour annoys you as much as it did me (and I'm not alone),
have a look at these pages:

http://lifehacker.com/5887462/how-to-disable-ubuntus-annoying-global-menu-bar

http://customizeubuntu.com/appearance/environment/disable-unity-menu-bar/

(In fact, the original reason I investigated this problem, is that because
of the Unity-way, you can't have two menus in a program. It only shows the
first one)