Re: [anjuta-list] A gtkmm-glade3 problem

Hi John!

> I'm trying to create the TextBuffer afterwards, i.e. after the
> instantiation of the entire XML file. I have a similar problem with
> TreeViews, for which I don't know on beforehand the format it has to
> have at runtime, so I can't prepare the columns etc, from inside Glade.

This looks far too complicated for me. What you normally do is:

* Load the xml layout with GtkBuilder
* Get a pointer to the TreeView / TextView object using
gtk_builder_get_object() (or the gtkmm equivalent)
* Setup the object like you would do if you didn't load them with
GtkBuilder using the pointers. Actually you can do that at any time,
even after the window was shown.
* Show the window

I think there is no reason for the realize() event here.