Re: [anjuta-list] Can't Build Anjuta

Hi,

Le 03/05/2012 21:23, Al Votolato a écrit :
You're right, the core system does have libxml2. I've reconfigured
devhelp with only the system libxml2 installed. But, it fails in make as
follows:

   CC     libdevhelp_3_la-eggfindbar.lo
   CC     libdevhelp_3_la-ige-conf.lo
   CC     libdevhelp_3_la-ige-conf-gconf.lo
   CCLD libdevhelp-3.la <http://libdevhelp-3.la>
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/local/lib/libxml2.la <http://libxml2.la>: No
such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/libxml2.la <http://libxml2.la>' is not a
valid libtool archive
make[3]: *** [libdevhelp-3.la <http://libdevhelp-3.la>] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/Polestartech/devhelp-3.4.1/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/Polestartech/devhelp-3.4.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Polestartech/devhelp-3.4.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know where the build is getting /usr/local/lib because pc-config
returns /usr/lib for the location of the library.

I think you have to run at least "make distclean" to rebuild the project from scratch. Autotools creates files listing dependencies in hidden .libs and .deps directories in the whole build tree.

You need to check that you haven't any .la files in /usr/local/lib still referring to /usr/local/lib/libxml2 too. If you find such file, you have the rebuild the corresponding library using /usr/lib/libxml2.