[anjuta-list] Ubuntu 12.04 LTS debug multi thread

Hi, Have just upgraded from Ubuntu 10.04 to 12.04 and am using Gnome Classic.

I have a heavily multi-threaded application in C and GTK, and on 10.04 had no trouble debugging the various threads. However, after the upgrade, when a breakpoint is set on code in a secondary thread, it breaks, but then the entire system freezes, and the ONLY way to get it back is pull the power cord.

The secondary threads run OK, and the problem occurs after breaking on a breakpoint.

Most of the secondary threads do no calls to GTK, they are simply workers. However when they do need to interface with GTK, the code between gdk_threads_enter(); and gdk_threads_leave();  CAN be debugged without problem.

Another difference I noted is that prior to the upgrade, g_thread_init (NULL); was called at the beginning, but after the upgrade this is an unresolved external, and the documentation says it is now redundant.

What do I need to do to debug the non-user interface code in background threads? Any ideas?