Re: [anjuta-list] Absolute paths to project files

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:38:53 +0200
Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:

> > Wouldn't relative paths make more sense? And protect against these
> > problems? And simplify moving the project tree elsewhere? Or is there a
> > compelling reason for the absolute paths?
>
> The .anjuta file only saves your session and as this session can contain
> project and non-project files, the absolute paths are used. I think it
> would be pretty difficult to have two cases for project and non-project
> files.

2 suggestions:

1) Maybe save the path to the .anjuta file too, and warn the user
that he's using the session file outside its original directory. Maybe
even discard the data about the open files.

or

2) Absolute paths to things outside the project directory, relative ones
inside?

I wouldn't insist if I didn't consider this a potentially dangerous
situation. If I hadn't noticed, I'd be editing the original file,
instead of a temporary work copy.

John