Re: [Anjuta-list] How to add MySQL package to a project? / *generic -config scripts*

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:57:15 +0100
Andreas Volz <lists brachttal net> wrote:

> And then use the variables in the Makefile.am files. For sure replace
> GDAL with MYSQL.
>
> I would like to see Anjuta support for generic -config scripts like
> this. The syntax is for most cases the same. Has anyone though about
> it?

I believe most of the -config scripts correspond to the 1.0 era of gtk
and are deprecated. Many packages had a -config in version 1.xx then went
to pkg-config in version 2.0.

I did just find a mysql.m4 macro that takes mysql_config and extracts the
data from there. Seems a good idea. I went the pkg-config way, and
defined my own .pc for mysql, based on the template in the discussion of
the original message. Works fine, and appears immediately in the Anjuta
list - only change the prefix, and version if wanted.

Thanks for the suggestions!
John