Re: [Anjuta-list] Project Import Problems....

Hi Sébastien,

Thanks for the assistance. What you describe is exactly what I did, however the subdirectories that have the source were not included in the project; in fact there was no source code available in the project. Gnuradio is an autotools based project and is open source. A possible difficulty for Anjuta is that it uses both python and C++. I suggest you "git" it and see for yourself. Here are two links that will help you understand the project architecture and how to git it, etc.

First a quote from some of the docs found here regarding autotools and the directory structure:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html#prereqs

   Autotools, Makefiles, and Directory Layout

Before we dive into the code, let's talk a bit about the overall build environment and the directory structure that we'll be using.

To reduce the amount of Makefile hacking that we have to do, and to facilitate portability across a variety of systems, we use the GNU autoconf, automake, and libtool tools. These are collectively referred to as the autotools, and once you get over the initial shock, they will become your friends. (The good news is that we provide boilerplate that can be used pretty much as-is.)

automake

   automake and configure work together to generate GNU compliant
   Makefiles from a much higher level description contained in the
   corresponding Makefile.am file. |Makefile.am| specifies the
   libraries and programs to build and the source files that compose
   each. Automake reads |Makefile.am| and produces |Makefile.in|.
   Configure reads |Makefile.in| and produces |Makefile|. The resulting
   Makefile contains a zillion rules that do the right right thing to
   build, check and install your code. It is not uncommon for the the
   resulting |Makefile| to be 5 or 6 times larger than |Makefile.am|.

autoconf

   autoconf reads |configure.ac| and produces the |configure| shell
   script. |configure| automatically tests for features of the
   underlying system and sets a bunch of variables and defines that can
   be used in the Makefiles and your C++ code to conditionalize the
   build. If features are required but not found, configure will output
   an error message and stop.

libtool

   libtool works behind the scenes and provides the magic to construct
   shared libraries on a wide variety of systems.

There is much more on that page that is of possible use to you in understanding the interplay of python, swig, and C++ and the directory structure used. I suggest reading the whole thing quickly at least.

Then the install information I found most helpful:

http://sdrblog.wordpress.com/gnuradio-installation/

Perhaps it is a fairly large project. I did note that KDevelop 4 took all night to index it, and even now is only 90% done.

I'm happy to try and provide more information. Ritz asked for an strace and I sent that to him. I'll forward it to you in a separate email.

Best regards,

Rob

Sébastien Granjoux wrote:
Hi Rob,

Rob Frohne a écrit :
I imported gnuradio, and it seems that the source files didn't get added
into the project.  So I went and right clicked on the gnuradio-core
folder and added it to the / target.  Anjuta has been using about 100%
of the CPU for at least fifteen or twenty minutes on my Core2Duo Laptop
now.  Is that normal?  Is this what I should do to get the source files
indexed, etc.?

You need to select New->Project based on existing sources, then select the directory containing your project (the configure.ac or configure.in file) and then Anjuta you find all sources and open your project.

If it's a makefile project, there are good chance that it doesn't work. If it's an autotools project, it should work most of the time.

If it doesn't work please enter a bug report here:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=anjuta

I'm currently rewriting this part, so I'm interested to know which project are not loaded correctly to check that the new code is able to handle them.