[Anjuta-list] shift in debug trace

I have a shift between the source and the actual code being executed when I trace step by step in Anjuta 2.4.1. After stopping at a breakpoint, it goes in what looks like a for loop, but there is no loop at this location in the source. It's probably an optimization issue. I added -O0 to the compiler flags in the properties, but still the same. Also when I put the mouse cursor over a local variable i, it says: i=<value optimized out> which confirms my guess.
The "Generic C++ project" was used in the wizzard to create the project.

What precaution should I should take before debugging?