Re: [Anjuta-list] Help wanted from beginner: installation

Hi!

> I understand there's installation preference. However, I'm just a
> developer. I have no control of root access. My current Linux version
> from "uname" is as follows, can anyone tell me which older release of
> Anjuta I could use?
>
> Linux venus 2.4.21-50.ELsmp #1 SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> So my point is if Anjuta wants to have more users, providing a more
> flexible and easier installation method is a good idea. Thanks!

The problem is that what you are trying to do is about to install Office
2008 und Windows 95. That's going to be difficult. For most recent
distribution, anjuta is a one-click-install program so I see no need on
our side to improve the installation mechanism.

Anyway, you might be able to build anjuta from jhbuild
(http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/jhbuild.html) in case you have python
somewhere on the system (or are able to install it). This build all
dependecies from source.

"jhbuild build anjuta" will build and install anjuta. This way, you can
also install a recent GNOME Desktop as I think the version installed on
your installation is very old. But be aware that jbuild will download
about 1 GB of files and probably use another 2 GB for building and it
takes several hours.