[Anjuta-list] Help wanted from beginner: installation

Dear Anjuta fellow users,

I had good experience with Anjuta before. Now I change a job and I want to install it in my Linux Red Hat environment. I never installed it before since the former employer's IT had done everything and I just used Anjuta as C++ IDE.

However, when I try to install Anjuta, I've met a couple of frustrating issues. Can anyone help me out?

First, the gnome-doc-util version in my current work station is lower than Anjuta wanted.

Second, when I tried to install the higher version of gnome-doc-util, I was told the perl XML::Parser.pm was lower than expected.

Third, I installed a new perl. But the XML::Parser.pm is not there.

Fourth, I googled and download a XML::Parser but couldn't figure out how to make my perl work with it.

Fifth, I decide to by-pass the gno-xml-util since I guess it's just for documentation reading and maybe I can bear no-document situation, but then I find I have glib version lower than wanted. Now I have to figure out how to install the new glib.

I'm a C++ developer, and have little knowledge about software installation in Unix. I just wonder if Anjuta can provide an easier installation method, say, have everything required by the package and I just need to install it by simly run a binary. If anything is missing or not meet the lowest version requirement, Anjuta package can include it itself. This way I believe Anjuta can attract more users like me. Right now it assumes I should know a lot more in order to use it.

Thank you very much!