Re: [Anjuta-list] [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta is now part of GNOME

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Volz a écrit :
If it's not possible to include in the next stable version I would
happy with a patch. :-) The current patch looks not so hard to port on
a new version.

I have just committed it yesterday, so it will be available in the next stable version.

You know, by using a "set substitute-path
<library-source-path> <installed-source-path>" in the $HOME/.gdbinit
file it is possible to install the library source somewhere and have
gdb replace the path where the library's debug info says the source
should be with where you've installed the library's source.
So by including the line "set substitute-path /build/buildd /usr/src" in ~/.gdbinit gdb has no
problem finding glibmm's source.
Maybe it's a good idea to have a dialog in Anjuta to edit some
options in .gdbinit. Not sure about that. Perhaps as addition to the
current way. What do you think?

I know this command. Anjuta already loads a gdb.init file located at $prefix/share/anjuta. You can add "set substitue-path" here. I have not checked if it's working though.

I think it's a nice feature better than just giving source path names as it will handle fine case where 2 files in different directory use the same name.

But I would like to avoid using gdb specific features in the graphical interface so I don't plan to display a window with the content of gdb.init. Moreover, I'm trying to use only the MI2 interface of gdb and this feature is not available with MI2 command.

I have thought that I could probably replace (in a future stable version 2.6.x ?) the new add source path dialog with a add mapping dialog where you can specify a source path and the corresponding path in the executable under debug. Some debugger backend will be able to implement this, some will probably not have this feature.