Re: [Anjuta-list] Anjuta is now part of GNOME

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 10:24 +0100, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> After the release team has meet in his secret headquarter (rumours say
> it's 200 metres below surface) they have decided to include Anjuta in
> the "Development Tools" suite of the GNOME Desktop. Thanks to anyone who
> made that possible!

That's good news. Where is it mentioned? I didn't see any email in ddl.

> Anyway, this has quite some impact on development: Every developer or
> constributer of gnome-build, gdl and anjuta module is encouraged to read
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointTwentyone !

Talking about releases, I plan to make anjuta 2.3.2 release
today/tomorrow if there is no objection from anyone (Seb?, Tom?). This
is mostly testing-the-water release and mark the first 'bugfix mode'
release for 2.4.0.

We will possibly follow this quickly with 2.3.3 release, if there are
any major changes needed before the final 'feature freeze'.After which
no major changes will be accepted. Only bug fixes follows until 2.4.0
final. This will also enter the GNOME 2.22 release process and as
Johannes mentioned, we follow the freezes.

Here is the summary:

- Jan 10 -> anjuta 2.3.2 devlopment release
- Jan 14 -> Possible 'feature freeze' release 2.3.3 *if* major feature
changes added. bug-fixing starts. API documentation starts.
- Jan 26 -> anjuta 2.3.4 - 'UI freeze' release 2.3.4. Tackle as much as
i18n bugs. Bug fix continues.
- Feb 9 -> 'String freeze' release. bug fix continues.
- Feb 23 to Mar 10 -> bugfix release(s)

So we are talking about 4 releases until Mar 10 (final GNOME 2.22
release).

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba