Re: [Anjuta-list] [Anjuta-devel] Anjuta is now part of GNOME

Am Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:36:24 +0100 schrieb Sébastien Granjoux:

> Hi Naba,
>
> Naba Kumar a écrit :
> > Talking about releases, I plan to make anjuta 2.3.2 release
> > today/tomorrow if there is no objection from anyone (Seb?, Tom?).
> > This is mostly testing-the-water release and mark the first 'bugfix
> > mode' release for 2.4.0.
>
> That's ok for me. I have planned the following topic:
>
> - Breakpoints: the cleanup is completed, so I will do bug fixes only
> here.
>
> - Variables: I plan to start cleanup here (like the changes I have
> done for breakpoints). This could involves some important changes
> internally but without user visible changes. Are these kind of
> changes allowed during the freeze period ?
>
> - Variables in python debugger: This is in libanjuta-python, I think
> outside the scope of this freeze.
>
> - Selecting source directories: I have a patch to allow adding source
> directories. It's useful when the debugging information don't include
> full path name and it has been requested by Andreas Volz. I have no
> use case for this so I still have not decided to add this or not.
> What do you think ?

If it's not possible to include in the next stable version I would
happy with a patch. :-) The current patch looks not so hard to port on
a new version.

BTW: I've some new info on this topic.

> Am Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:32:26 -0500 schrieb José Alburquerque:
> -> (on gtkmm-list gnome org)
>
> You know, by using a "set substitute-path
> <library-source-path> <installed-source-path>" in the $HOME/.gdbinit
> file it is possible to install the library source somewhere and have
> gdb replace the path where the library's debug info says the source
> should be with where you've installed the library's source.
>
> On my system, for example, by using the 'strings' command, I'm able
> to see that glibmm's debug info says that the source should be found
> in "/build/buildd/glibmm2.4-2.14.2/".  I actually installed glibmm's
> source in "/usr/src/glibmm2.4-2.14.2".  So by including the line "set
> substitute-path /build/buildd /usr/src" in ~/.gdbinit gdb has no
> problem finding glibmm's source.
>
> This works with all debuggers (even nemiver) as long as ~/.gdbinit is
> processed by gdb when it starts up. :-)

Maybe it's a good idea to have a dialog in Anjuta to edit some
options in .gdbinit. Not sure about that. Perhaps as addition to the
current way. What do you think?

regards
Andreas