Re: [Anjuta-list] Most recent stable version with "plain makefile" support?

Hi Michael,

Michael Conrad a écrit :
but I need the ability to work on projects that don't use automake. I would also like it to be as stable as possible. (I read a post from back in April saying that plain makefile support was re-enabled in svn, after 2.1.2...

I don't use it so I don't know the status of the plain makefile support, don't expect too much though.

but no idea how stable you keep your svn snapshots
What version would you reccomend? (and yes, I'm willing to compile form source)

I'm using svn snapshots. There are some troubles from time to time but they are corrected fast enough for me. Anyway currently, the stable version 2.2.0 is very close to the current svn snapshots.

Anyway, I would ask that the developers PLEASE not go the route of eclipse, and end up with an inflexible mess where a person can't even touch their filesystem directly without screwing up the project system.

Naba has insisted to avoid creating another project format and to try using already existing tools. It explains why the Anjuta 1.2 project format has been dropped. But It makes some things much more difficult, especially project management. Anjuta saves some configuration information in a .anjuta sub directory of the project directory but all these data are not necessary to build the projects. So I think you don't need to worry about this.