Re: [Anjuta-list] problems developing a GUI app

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 19:25 +0000, Jamiil Abduqadir wrote:
> OS:        LINUX - DEBIAN - SARGE
> GUI-SHELL: KDE
> APP:       Anjuta 1.2.2
> app's source: "apt-get"
> Problem:
> I am having problems developing a GUI app with Anjuta, here is what I am doing
> File->New Project->Gtmm 2.0 Project->Project Name, version, Author and
> Target->Programming Language = C++->Target Type = Executable
> Tarrg->Description->Additional Project Options = null->NO ICON

I don't think your problem has anything to do with Anjuta ...

> The result is a c++ file template that is suited for terminal base programs
> and not a GTKmm GUI application, furthermore the code compiles succesfully,

Any details on why do you think so? Do you have missing gtkmm flags in
your Makefile.am? The generated project, of course, is just a template.
You need to fill in your own gtkmm codes. If you see the flags missing
then it would be bug in anjuta and you are encouraged to file a bug
report for it.

> but when I 'F11' the lower screen of Anjuta displays
> "Buiding source directory of the Project: Anjuta_Test"

The configure probably should have reported something about missing
packages. What was the configure/autogen output? Do you have gtkmm-dev
installed? Did you have a look in their tutorial/docs how to start
writing gtkmm projects (for one it should explain what needs to be
installed before you start writing your first line of code)?

If despite all these you fail to build the project, let us know.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba