[Anjuta-list] debugging woes

I have been using anjunta for awhile.  Currently I am using Anjuta 1.2.3 on Fedora core 4.  Eveything is great until i use the debugger.  It crashes consistently.  I simply cant use it.  I just have to restart the session and I use ddd as my debugger.  I looked at the make file and I find the following stuff

                             gcc -Wall -g -g -O2  etc.

ok why are there 2 -g and why is optimization turned on?  I know in thew settings that I clicked the No Optimization box.  And I know that I have debugging turned on (but twice?).

Unless this is a knwn bug that is fixed in anjuta 1.2.4 then to call anjuta 1.2.3 "stable" is completely inaccurate.  An IDE without a functionaing debugger frontend (and one which does not produce the makefiles that were asked for) is pretty worthless.  Does anyone know how I can solve this or should I just switch back to VS or try eclipse?

A frustrated fan of anjuta,

Travis Miller