Re: [Anjuta-list] Mailman Replay-to option

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 13:05, Mitko Haralanov wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:32:31 +0100
> Carlo Agrusti <carlo ag tin it> wrote:
>
> > why don't you enable the replay-to option of Mailman? This should
> > avoid us from taking a lot of replies out of the mailing list
>
> 	I am sorry if I am being a little slow but is this so the replies go to
> the list and not to the sender of the message?
> 	If it is, I believe it is more of a mailer issue the mailman. The
> message headers should contain a set of headers for lists (List-*
> headers). One of the should be the address where messages to the list
> should go.
> 	Then again, I could be misunderstanding the question, in which case, I
> apologize.

He's probably referring to the option described here:

http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

Setting:
Where are replies to list messages directed?  Poster is strongly
recommended for most mailing lists.

When poster is selected, the reply-to line will be written by Mailman so
that persons hitting reply in their mail program will send their
response back to the individual who posted the note. When this value is
set to "this list" the reply-to line will be rewritten so that persons
hitting reply in their mail program will send their response back to the
list itself.  When this value is set to "explicit address" the Reply-To
header will use the value that is provided in the field below.

While the program suggests that this be set to poster, you should
consider the purpose of the list in selecting this value. Lists that
intend to focus on discussion are best set to "list" to encourage
conversation. Lists used for announcements are best set to poster to
prevent unwanted traffic and the inadvertent broadcast of replies.

--
Curtis