Re: [Anjuta-list] braindead user question

It turns out this was indeed a stupid user error.  After completing my first
project, I installed gimp-1.3 ... because, as I said in my first post to the
group, when I installed anjuta, it did not install the gtk version 1
projects, just the gtk2 stuff, and the gimp I had was not version2.  Anyways,
installing the new gimp required upgrading gtk2, which because I don't know
all the various rpms and such left my system inconsistant; thus the problem.

I don't know how I'm going to fix this... I only installed gtk2-devel,
gtk2-doc, and gtk2 (and manually build the latest libgnomecanvas, popt, and a
couple more that weer required along the way).  I'm thinking I want to
upgrade to SuSE9 or switch distributions to debian; SuSE has left me with a
bad taste in my mouth after running 8.2 for a while).
But even then I'll still need to upgrade my system like crazy.  Urgh.
Probably just roll-back the changes for now, cuase it's like 50+ packages I
think, that would want an upgrade if keep gtk 2.2.4.

Just to be clear about this, is there a reason gtk_dialog_new and
gtk_message_dialog_new are better than the gnome equivilants, or was it just
a useful workaround?

-----
These issues are issues I'm having and would love it if I could get help
resolving (a wish list, of sorts):
   I installed anjuta-rpmbuilder-0.1.1-1.i686.rpm, but I compiled anjuta from
source.  I can't find the plugin in anjuta, so I assume I've goofed.  Don't
know what to do about this.
   anjuta's gtk-1 project bindings did not get installed when I compiled it.
I'd love it if those were available to me.