[Anjuta-list] braindead user question

I'm starting a new project; I've got this bug that I can't seem to figure out.

This is just supposed to create an about box.  I'ts almost line for line like
a function in my 'hello-world' project, which worked just fine.

What is happening is, gnome_app_new is failing because the internal handle
that I generate is not getting generated.  This is very odd because the about
message _is_ getting generated, and it uses the exact same method.

In callbacks.c:
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
#include <gnome.h>
double window_index = 0;
double version = 0.1;
void on_about1_activate (GtkMenuItem * menuitem, gpointer user_data)
{
	gchar * aboutName;
	gchar * message;
	window_index++;

	// Create the message
	message = g_strdup_printf("perlView v%.1f\n\nAuthor:Rob Collins\nCopyright:
2003\n\nLicensed under the GPL.  A copy\nof the Gnu Public License is
included\nwith the source, and should not be\nremoved in the creation of
packages\nof this software.\n\nperlView provides a GUI access to\nperl
documents (perldoc) and perl\'s\nmodules.\n\nIn the future, perlView will be
a more\ncomplete document management\nsystem for perl, complete
with\ngeneration of PDFs.\nI am not a very skilled programmer,\nif you would
like to contribute,\nPLEASE do so.  :)", version);

	// Construct the message box internal handle
	aboutName = g_strdup_printf ("About%.2f", window_index);

	GtkWidget * msgBox = gnome_app_new (aboutName, "About");
	gnome_app_message (GNOME_APP(msgBox), message);

	// Clean up
	g_free (message);
	g_free (aboutName);
}