Re: [Anjuta-list] working with existing projects

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 04:10, Joe Bussell wrote:
> Greetings Listers,
>     I am playing around with anjuta.  I have had some successes and have
> met some pitfalls.  Specifically, I am attempting to work with an
> existing project with its own makefile and build system.  The desired
> behavior is to have the "build" command execute the Makefile in the
> project directory.  Somehow I managed to get my debian box to do just
> this, but I cannot replicate it on my Redhat 9 box.  Specifically it
> enters the Compile state and never leaves.  When I try to start the
> debugger anjuta complains that there is no target executable set for the
> project.  I checked in the Project>Configure Project window and observe
> the target is named appropriately (and is identical to the one declared
> on my debian box).

Try re-importing the project in Anjuta again and set the correct target
executable in Project configuration (path relative to top project
directory). Also note that if your executable uses shared libs built
within your project, the target is just a shell script, in which case,
debugger won't work. You will find the real executation inside .libs
directory.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
-Naba