Try this:

#include <iostream>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  cout << "Test in Linux\n";
  return 0;
}

Specifically:

1) include <iostream> instead of <iostream.h>
2) main() returns an integer.
3) Either declare main with no parameters (void) or with two parameters
as above.

I also suggest you start with 'Thinking in C++' by Bruce Eckel:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

Hope this helps.
Rgds,
Biswa.