[Anjuta-list] CVS Functionality Question

 Folks,

   I've been using Anjuta for development work in PHP, JavaScript, and
C/C++ for some time now, and am generally very impressed with it.  Just
recently, however, I've run into some problems with it after modifying
the methods I use for doing normal development.

   Where previously I did all my development on a main branch, I'm now
trying to institute a 3-branch scheme with a DEV branch for major
development work and changes, a TEST branch for testing the new stuff
introduced in DEV, and then the main trunk is the "production" version
for actual deployment.

   The problem I'm seeing is that Anjuta appears to be incapable of
preserving the branch tags on the code that I check out.  I check out a
copy of the DEV branch, go in, do some edits, and commit, and the
changes go into the main branch, not DEV.  I found out the hard way that
doing an "Update Project" will force your local copy to drop all its
sticky tags and turn it into the main branch (lost some work that way).

   The upshot is that Anjuta seems to be ignoring the sticky tags on
my local copy of things and popping everything into the main branch.  I
have checked the online documentation, only to find that it doesn't even
*mention* the CVS functionality within Anjuta.  The mailing lists don't
contain anything that seems to pertain to this problem.  So, can anyone
tell me how to get Anjuta to be "aware" of the branch information and
deal with it properly?  Is there some configuration value I'm not seeing
that will do this?  Is it simply not capable of doing it correctly?

   Many thanks in advance for any advice anyone can offer.

best,
Jim Wiggs