Re: [Anjuta-list] Using custom makefile instead of automake

I don't really see what the problem is. If you import a project, then
Anjuta will not touch your Makefiles, and using 'Make' from the Build
menu will fire your Makefile (since it just executes the 'make'
command).

In any case, anjuta 1.0.1 or cvs has user tools (Settings-> Tool Editor)
with which you can define extra menu items and associate them with
custom commands, so if you are using a build system that does not
execute 'make', then all you need to do is define a set of tools to work
with the new system.

Perhaps I've not understood your problem correctly ?