Re: [Anjuta-list] Custom Proyect

This is pretty oft-asked and easy to do (one for the FAQ maybe ?)

Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Create a directory.
2. Copy your existing files (if any) to this directory.
2(a) Optionally, you can use your existing directory as well.
3. Run File->Import Project.
4. When asked for the top directory, point to the directory created in
(1) or 2(a).
5. Your custom project is now created.
6. Use Project->Add Files to add/remove files from the project.
7. Enjoy your custom project.

Caveats:
1) Of course, you'll have top manage your Makefiles, etc. yourself.
2) You may have to run 'Rebuild Tags Image' to sync tagmanager sources
with your project sources.

Tips for power-users:
1) You can decide which files will be imported (based on file
extensions) by setting the following environment variables (maybe in
your .bashrc or .profile):
	a. AN_SKIP_DIRS: Directory names to skip when running the import
process. This defaults to "intl CVS" in 1.0.2/CVS
	b. AN_SOURCE_EXTN: Extensions to import as source files. This defaults
to "c C cpp cxx cc java" if not defined.
	c. AN_HEADER_EXTN: Extensions to import as header files. This defaults
to "h H hxx hpp hh"
	d. AN_PIXMAP_EXTN: Extensions to import as image files. This defaults
to "jpeg jpg png gif xpm bmp ico tiff"
	e. AN_DOC_EXTN: Extensions to treat as documentation files. This
defaults to "html sgml sgml README INSTALL ChangeLog NEWS COPYING
CREDITS AUTHORS THANKS TODO HACKING FUTURE"
	f. AN_PO_EXTN: Extensions to treat as translation files. This defaults
to "po"
	g. AN_PO_DIR: Directory where translation files are expected (inside
the top project directory). This is defined as "po"
Hope this helps.

2) More adventurous users can modify the script
"$prefix/bin/anjuta_import.sh" directly to suit their needs.

Features in CVS:
----------------

If you are using CVS or 1.0.2 (not yet released but close), you have
access to the following extra features:

1) You can define the above variables in $HOME/.anjuta/anjutarc
2) You can customize the above variables on a per-project basis. To do
this, create a file with the above variables defined and name it
'anjutarc'. Then, move this file to the top level ditrectory of the
project you want to import.

Example:
--------

Say, you have a web development project and you want to import this into
anjuta. You can then add these lines to <Project Dir>/anjutarc file:
export AN_SOURCE_EXTN="js htm html jsp php css"
export AN_HEADER_EXTN="inc"

Hope this helps. I'll try and put it in the FAQ before 1.0.2 release.

Rgds,
Biswa.

Rgds,
Biswa.