Re: [Anjuta-list] C source and anjuta

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 20:05, Alf C Stockton wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Naba Kumar wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 17:48, Alf C Stockton wrote:
>
> > the htmldecode.h & date.h and debtors.h are all included in the project and the
> > actual files are in the include directory in the project.
> > What have I done wrong ?
> > anjuta tells me that "no such file or directory" ?
> > I have also tried <htmldecode.h> and it gives the same error.
> >
> Try adding '$(top_srcdir)/include' in Settings->Compiler
> options->Include paths and rebulding.

I am afraid that your suggestion made no difference. It still does not find the
include files.
Surely as the project originated in anjuta, anjuta should have set up its own
include and library paths ?
nope you have to manually add the "default" path in the settings. I agree it should be done for you but it aint.

Also be wary of importing a header file as it leads to file duplication and can be seriously confusing if you arent careful.

<scenario>
1) You have files foo.cpp & foo.h in the directory ${base}/src and want to add them to the project
2) The add to project wizard says "foo.h is not in the current module ... do you want to import it?"
3) you unwittingly reply yes and anjuta clones the damn file and places it in ${base}/include (which is not in the include path as you have discovered) and leaves the original in ${base}/src.
4) You edit the contents the ${include}/foo.h, recompile and none of your changes are visible ...
5) you scratch your butt and say wtf?
</scenario>

Since ${base]/include is not in your include path, the original file in ${base}/src is being included not the imported one.

Amazingly this 'feature" has been in every version of anjuta that i have been able to compile on my machine, which is upto and including 1.0.2.

Blake
--
                   \|||/
                  ( / \ )