Re: [Anjuta-list] GLADE-2 and Anjuta

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 10:41, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
> Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> >* Naba Kumar (kh_naba gmx net) wrote:
> >>glade and glade-2 are incompatible and therefore can not inter-operate.
> >>Anjuta does not compile glade files directly, rather it uses glade to
> >>compile glade files. So, the best thing you can do for now is define a
> >>couple of tools in anjuta to handle glade-2 files compilation.
> >
> >What do you mean define tools in anjuta to handle glade-2 files? All you
> >have to do is generate the source in glade-2 and then compile that
> >source in Anjuta like normal (at least I've done that in a couple
> >tests).
> >
> >So I'm not sure I follow your thoughts here.
> >
> So there is a way to use Anjuta together with glade-2 (aside of
> rewriting Anjuta source files by myself, as Shawn
> has proposed :-))?

By 'defining tools', I didn't mean 'writing codes for anjuta'. In anjuta
version 1.0.1, you have Tools support [Settings->Tools Editor]. From the
tools editor, you define tools (external programs) and set how their
input and output should be handled.

So, instead of running glade-2 externally every time, you can have it
run on the current project's glade file from within anjuta. You can even
define where to put the menu for your tools in anjuta UI (right choice
in this case would be "Project" sub-menu).

-Naba