[Anjuta-list] constructive criticism?

I once read ( while building cdr tools in one of their READMEs) that the author felt that linux was one of the most self-incompatible os's he knew of. Judging
from his hand-written Makefile, he too may have been quite frustrated with
the gnu build system (ex.  cross compare this with trolltech's qmake).
Anjuta is a good ide, but I find it almost impossible to get it to configure
my sytem libraries to work with anjuta.  Even when I update my glade, gnome,
gtk, gdk libraries on a RH8 system, I still have gnu tools problems and build failures. Sometimes I cross my fingers hoping I can get a simple build to work untill finally I'm using nano or vim or even qmake to generate a simple, manageble Makefile.
So what is the solution?
Do what Micros$oft does. Bundle up the libraries and tools ( executables like glade ) you use into a huge monolithic self-installing binary. Then you are almost guaranteed everybody who uses your ide will always get compatible libraries every time because they are cobundled with your ide. I want to write code, not pull my hair out. I'd rather wait for a larger download that works great, than to spend hours trying to configure something to work and then find out at best I can get half functionality. It's like getting a bucket with a hole in it. At some point even you must agree that excessive rpm searching can be self defeating. And, what about that person who owns a modem? They'll be even more frustrated. What about a network install utility that checks for all of the correct libraries and then downloads rpms and installs accordingly like ximian's red carpet? (i.e. a dependency resolver and solver) (Conceptually, this doesn't seem to be rocket science, but implementation wise could possibly be even more difficult than rocket science.)
   You have all the productivity tools,  just make them self-compatible :)