[Anjuta-list] Project maintenance: Announcement

Folks,

I'm announcing that I shall no longer be maintaining the Anjuta1 tree.
I'd love to continue, but as some of you know, my time to work on the
project has dwindled as my real-life workload has increased over the
past 6 months.

My main reason for stopping at this point is that **I'm no longer able
to build and develop the ANJUTA_1_0_0 branch on my main workstation**.
The number of bug reports and issues reported in the forums and lists
indicate that this is not confined to my system :-(
I'm now running RedHat 8.0, and due to the incompatible gettext version
(and, probably, other packages), it's not possible to build from source
on my system. This makes it impossible to merge and test patches and
fixes.

The changeover to GNOME2 has happened very quickly - which is great, as
it is an excellent platform. As I predicted in my paper on the future of
Anjuta back in February, the time has come to move on. I intend to move
on to look at Anjuta2 (the new tooling) and possibly at the GNOME2 port
of Anjuta1, along with the other projects I have been contributing to.
I'm also keen to help various apps move on to the GNOME2 platform, and I
encourage others to do so as well. The sooner we all work together to
build a great IDE for GNOME2, the sooner it will be completed :-)

Good luck and best wishes to all.

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy piper freeuk com