Re: [Anjuta-list] 'Context Help' Help

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 21:25, Peter Akre wrote:
> Did I post this to the correct list?

Yes

> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 13:19, Peter Akre wrote:
> > I have never successfully had the context help working. I just built a
> > fresh SuSE 8.0 box and installed devhelp 0.4 followed bt anjuta 0.1.9.
> > But still every time I start anjuta I get the following error:
> >
> > GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

This is because, you have installed anjuta in a different prefix other
than the gnome install prefix. For example, you gnome may have "/usr"
prefix (RedHat distro default) and you might have installed anjuta in
"/usr/local". Try installing anjuta in the same prefix as that of your
gnome installation and this should be fixed.

In any case, this is not related to context help. It just means that you
will not be able to see the Anjuta manual and Anjuta Tutorial in the
"Help" menu. Context help is different.

> > If I select a word in my code and then goto HELP->CONTEXT HELP from the
> > menu I get these errors:
> >
> > Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `BonoboObject'
> >
> > Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-running-context.c: line 413
> > (bonobo_running_context_auto_exit_unref): assertion `object != NULL'
> > failed.
> >
> > ** WARNING **: Could not activate devhelp: 'Unknown CORBA exception id:
> > 'IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0'

These errors/warnings are from devhelp and not from anjuta. There might
be some misconfiguration at devhelp side. Also, missing devhelp books
could be a possibility. Please consult devhelp groups to determine the
problem.

> > Can someone please help!! If this has been discussed before could
> > somebody please point me to the archive where I can view these previous
> > threads?

-naba

We're all looking for a woman who can sit in a mini-skirt and talk
philosophy, executing both with confidence and style.