Re: [Anjuta-list] Simple Projects

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 19:40, Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono wrote:
> I sent a mail about it some time ago, and i received a
> reply from Tobias Hunger, that said he'd like that too, but
> we did *not* receive replies from any developer or similar... so i'll
> ask again...
>
> I currently use Anjuta only as an editor (a very good editor
> indeed) and i'd like to use it also for handling projects, compiling
> and debugging, but i don't want to use its complex project system: i
> made my own Makefile and i'd like anjuta using it (maybe correcting
> dependencies but nothing else), i have all the files i need and i
> don't like anjuta creating lots of files and directories, but i'd like
> if it made me browse my files...

It is not possible as far as the current state of Anjuta is concerned.
Anjuta always need a project to activate the class browser and the file
browser (currently).

But without the project you ease some of your pain by following the
steps given below:

Modify the commands for compile and build (for c and c++ languages) in
the command edit dialog box as given below:

compile file: make $(current.file.name).o
build file: make

and when you compile a file opened in the editor, it will actually run
the make (hence taking care of your makefile rules). Unfortunately, this
wouldn't take care of the compiler options set in anjuta. If you want to
take care of them too, then use the following command definitions:

compile file:
make CFLAGS=$(anjuta.compiler.flags) $(current.file.name).o

build file:
make CFLAGS=$(anjuta.compiler.flags) LDADDS=$(anjuta.linker.flags)

And make sure you take care of the environment variables CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS in your makefile

As far as debugging is concerned it is far simpler. Just start the
debugger. If you have a file opened, then you may get an error that it
could not load the executable of *the* file. Just ignore it and activate
the menu item Debugger->load executable. Then select whatever is your
executable and the debugger should then respond properly.

-naba

Backward conditioning:
	Putting saliva in a dog's mouth in an attempt to make a bell ring.