Re: [Anjuta-list] preferences not saved and others

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 15:41, Radu Bogdan Mare wrote:

> 2. If I try to change Settings/Preferences/Editor/Tab size spaces or
> Auto save interval etc., changes are not applied nor saved. which means
> I have the same default values. Autoformat tab features behave the same
> way. Other tabs allow modifications (modifications are saved).

This bug appears when there is a project open. If there is no project
open, the prefs should get saved normally.

That is a very serious bug. I think we should drop the 1.0.1 release and
release 1.0.2 as soon as possible. Many people are going to complain
about this bug.

> 3. I have an input file and wherever I put it, although I add the
> directory to paths, it cannot be found. the only way is to specify in
> the code the complete file to the path. and this is not desirable.

Anjuta defines a macro PACKAGE_DATA_DIR in your config.h file, which is
the installation path of your project. Include the file in your c file
as "#include <config.h>" and get the full data path in your program as:

char *my_data_file = PACKAGE_DATA_DIR"/your_data_file.txt";

Of course, this means you need to install your project prior to using
this. If you want to use the data file directly from your project
directory, use the macro PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR instead:

char *my_data_file = PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR"/data/your_data_file.txt";

To decide, which macro to use, you can easily define a macro (say,
DEVELOPMENT) to switch back and forth:

#definie DEVELOPMENT

#ifdef DEVELOPMENT
    char *my_data_file = PACKAGE_SOURCE_DIR"/data/your_data_file.txt";
#else
    char *my_data_file = PACKAGE_DATA_DIR"/your_data_file.txt";
#endif

Or you can do some runtime checks to determine which path macro to use.
Just put some imagination and you can come up with a decent idea. :)
Also, don't forget to add your "your_data_file.txt" in your project with
[Project]->[Add file]->[Data file] from anjuta menu.

Hope that helps.

-Naba

Ma Bell is a mean mother!