Re: [Anjuta-list] Annoyances/Bugs(?) in Anjuta 1.0.1

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 09:49, Shawn wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 21:07, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> > > First, I noticed that Anjuta 1.0.1 adds a '80 column line marker', but
> > > there seems to be now way to turn it off, kinda annoying.
> >
> > $(prefix)/share/anjuta/properties/anjuta.properties: Set edge.mode=0
> >
> > (One for the FAQ I guess)
>
> Ah ha! Thanks. Perhaps a gui checkbox is needed for this too?

There are so many things for the editor prefs to go in the GUI, but most
of them could not be accommodated (because of space and time). They
could be easily set in your ~/.anjuta/user.properties file. To edit the
file activate [Settings]->[Edit user.properties] from anjuta. If you
don't get the pref you are looking for in the file, delete the file and
restart anjuta. Anjuta will recreate the file containing the latest
editable preferences.

> > > Second, when I hit 'Alt+F' I don't get the File menu like I should. I
> > > get a new file instead. This is seriously annoying. All the other menu
> > > keys are hot-keyed properly except for the File menu.
> >
> > Works for me - try removing your ~/.anjuta (directory) and
> > ~/.gnome/accels/anjuta (file) and restarting.
>
> Removing my ~/.gnome/accels/anjuta file did it. But I never edited that,
> so how it got that way is a mystery to me.

Somewhere/sometime in the past, you might have assigned ALT-F to some
other menu item (and you possibly forgot it). This would have overridden
the default binding.

-Naba

Ma Bell is a mean mother!